Friday, September 3, 2010

A Package from Oma

A package arrived on our porch yesterday afternoon. A very large package. Make that a very, very large package labeled, To: Miss Lorelai Sorenson.

'I bet it's from Oma!' Lorelai exclaimed (Oma is my mom). She was right. Boy, oh boy was she right.

Here is what came out of that box:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

An enormous, life-sized, teddy bear (with a broken arm, I have to admit, that was a darling touch.).

But here's the thing. My mom knows me. She knows how much a despise enormous, life-sized stuff animals. I have strict rules about such thing, rules like: my home is just the right size for 5 people and there is no room for anything bigger than a sock monkey. (Sock monkeys must be allowed).

I called my mom; she was laughing. She said, 'I've been telling everyone I know that my daughter is going to kill me,'.

You see, my mom is quite unlike me when it comes to enormous, life-sized stuffed animals. She loves them. She can't resist them. And this is not the first time she has tried to adopt one into my family (though it is the first time she has been successful).

But in the end I was laughing. Actually, I was cracking up. Because even though I strongly despise all enormous, life-sized stuff animals, this whole situation is rather comical. And I'll admit, he is kind of cute. In fact, I think this new member of our family has won a place in my heart already. And...I think he'll stay.

At least for the next 13 years, and then he'll be going off to college with Lorelai.

Photobucket

***

Lorelai's First Day Pictures
(re-done)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Now that's more like it!

***
Elisabeth's New School

Last night we went to Elisabeth's school open house. I loved it all! But the thing that I was most excited about.....she has her own cubby!

Photobucket

She starts next Tuesday. I'll tell you all about it, trust me :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails